Our design guide provides guidance on how to best to prepare your artwork for printing on fabric.
- JPG, BMP, GIF, TIF & PNG files accepted
- 40mb file size limit. Larger files can be sent using WeTransfer
- Recommended 180 DPI
- RGB colour mode
You can upload your design as a JPG, BMP, GIF, TIF & PNG with a maximum file size of 40MB. If you experience difficulty uploading a large file, try reducing the resolution of your image to reduce the file size. The size your design prints can be altered using the scale option if required.
For great results, we recommend creating a high quality JPG at 180 DPI in the RGB colour mode.
Scale alters the resolution your design is printed at. Our system will try to detect the resolution of your design. If our system cannot detect a resolution, it will default to 180 DPI (Dots Per Inch).
- Reducing scale makes your design smaller but it will print with greater detail
- Increase scale makes your design larger but it will print with less detail
Your image may lose detail and appear blurry / pixellated if it is enlarged too much.
Our printers are set up to receive files in RGB. If a file is not in RGB it will be converted to RGB. This can create unexpected results. On this basis we do not recommend uploading files in CMYK or Greyscale.
- Increasing colour saturation will make colours as bright and bold as possible
- Ensure there is sufficient contrast between dark colours otherwise they may blend together
- Fine detail is printed best when there is high contract between colours
How Colour Differs On Screen to Print
Colour on a screen is made from Red, Green and Blue light (RGB). Colour on a screen is additive which means you start with a black background and add colour.
Colour on a print is made from a combinations of colour inks. Our printers use Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Orange, Red, Violet and Grey ink (CMYKORVk). Colour on a print is subtractive which means you start with a white background and block out parts of the spectrum.
The RGB colour spectrum is much larger than the colour spectrum for CMYKORVk. This means there are colours that can be created in RGB that cannot be created in CMYKORVk. This problem is most apparent on bright or fluorescent colours.
Got a question about a product or need some help with your order?
- In Stock All items are in stock ready for despatch.
- Fast Despatch Order stock items by 2pm for same day despatch. Made-to-order items despatched 1-5 days.
- Expert Advice Knowledgable team who are always happy to help.